Here I introduce a easy and efficient way to make a bootable OS X USB install drive.
- OS X Installer App(you can download it from Mac App Store or from other websites)
- At least 8GB USB driver
- Attach the USB drive to the Mac
- Launch Disk Utility and erase the USB drive to be OS X Extended
- Go to “Partitions” and select Partition Layout as a “1 partition”
- Still in “Partitions”, click “Option” button to set the partition table to be “GUID Partition Table” – this is necessary to make the drive bootable.
- Launch Terminal App and run “createinstallmedia”
Wait for the process complete.